Sunday, September 4, 2016

Cebu Celebrates Bon Odori Festival 2016

Three years ago, Cebu joined in the celebration of Bon Odori Festival for the first time. Bon Odori or Obon is celebrated by Japanese to honor the spirits of their ancestors. Buddhists believe that during obon, ancestors' spirits visit their relatives. I think it's like All Souls Day in the Philippines but more festive. 


I have attended Bon Odori Festival for three straight years and it's an event I always look forward to usually on August because of the following reasons:

1. Great Performances


2. Exciting Games



3. Cool Merchandise


4. Authentic Japanese Food


5. The Diverse Crowd


6. Obon Dance. Unfortunately we joined the dance so we weren't able to take pictures.

7. Fireworks. The best! 

8. The People I'm With


Hoping that you could attend Bon Odori next year. See yah.

 - This is my very first event post on The blog! waaaah. -

No comments: